Celebrity Marriages That Have Stood The Test Of Time
Marriage. What’s love got to do with it? We often wonder in our modern society where divorces are just as common as wedding vows. There a few people in this world who have worked their way through thick and thin and remain as they were, still together and committed to their mutual happiness. When you are under the spotlight, adhering to the promise made before friends and family can be even harder to uphold. Here are some celebrities who have worked and loved together and are looking forward to their next wedding anniversary.
1. Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson: Tom and Rita will be celebrating their 28th anniversary in 2016. Rumors have it that they met on the set of the situation comedy Bosom Buddies and became instant friends, but did not get married until Hanks divorced his first wife in 1987. They have appeared in several films together such as Volunteers and That Thing You Do! They have two sons, Truman and Chester.
2. Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick: The pair has been together for 19 years now. They split living in New York City with Kilcar, Ireland with their three children: James, Marion and Tabitha. How they have stayed together so long is a mystery as Broderick is a New York Mets fan, Parker cheers for the Yankees and then their son takes up for the Boston Red Sox. Love does conquer all.
3. Amy Adams and Darren Le Gallo: Amy and Darren defied the old song, “First comes love, then comes marriage…” They started dating back in 2001, they got engaged in 2008 and had their daughter Aviano in 2010. At last came the marriage ceremony in 2015. However, it seems that the ring has been on their fingers for almost fourteen years.
4. Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith: Nineteen years doesn’t seem so long when you are busy raising a pair of kids and working as one of the highest paid actors in Hollywood. However, Will and Jada have stated over the years that parenting is the most important job they have. The pair make significant donations to schools and religious organizations every year, demonstrating their commitment to a traditional family life.
5. Tina Turner and Erwin Bach: Sometimes a tumultuous trip to success ends in a fairy tale. For almost twenty years, Turner was abused by her first husband while performing on stage with him. After their divorce in the mid-70’s Turner focused on her personal well being and found superstar status in 1983. However, life was not complete. In 1985 she met Bach and they became fast friends. 27 years later, they formalized their vows, even thought their devotion had already stood the test of time.
6. Denzel and Pauletta Washington: Few people on this planet get it right the very first time. Denzel married Pauletta 33 years ago, having renewed their vows in 1995 in front of Bishop Demond Tutu. With their four children, this couple has enjoyed a successful and uneventful marriage.
7. Maggie Gyllenhaal and Peter Sarsgaard: Ever hear of dating your brother’s best friend? Well, Maggie and Peter weren’t exactly teenagers when they met in 2002, but it was her brother Jake Gyllenhaal that introduced them. They strolled toward the altar, arriving in 2009. They raise their two children in Brooklyn, NY.
8. Seth Rogen and Lauren Miller: This pair has worked together supporting research for a cure for Alzheimer’s disease. Married in 2011 after a six year relationship, they have since received the unite2gether award for their Hilarity for Charity efforts. They do refuse to be just another couple as Rogen has been featured in an art book titled, “Seth” compiled by PINUPS artist Christopher Schultz. Lauren supported him, skin and all.
9. Meryl Streep and Don Gummer: Is 38 years long enough? Not nearly, for this devoted pair. They tied the knot in 1978 after Streep supported her friend John Cazale through a losing battle with cancer. Meryl and Don have raised four children from their estate in Connectict. Some have called their private lives remarkably ordinary. Isn’t that extraordinary?
10. Hugh Jackman and Deborra-Lee Furness: Twenty years just fly by when you are in love. They met in 1995 on the set of Corelli, an Australian TV show, and married just one year later. Jackman and Furness adopted their two children, Oscar and Ava, after she suffered multiple miscarriages. However, their dedication has never wavered, seeing them through two cancer scares for Hugh in 2013 and 2014.